Traction is achieved when everyone in our organisation is rowing in the same direction, clear on where they want to get to & how they’re going to get there plus having the focus, discipline & accountability so that everyone executes on that plan every day.
However, it is also recognised that you can’t achieve this without having a healthy team. Most businesses focus on having a smart team but not necessarily a healthy team. A health team is a team where leaders trust each other & are prepared to have uncomfortable conversations for the greater good of the organisation.
There are a myriad of management books, systems & consultants who will tell you that they can help you to drive greater profits, bigger results & brand value but many overcomplicate it or are just too theoretical for Entrepreneurial, Family & Privately-owned businesses.
Regardless of whether your business is 1 year old or 20 years old, it will have issues. In fact, every business experiences around 136 issues in their lifetime.
EOS uncovers these issues by putting a spotlight on the business. It will uncover fundamental issues limiting you from gaining complete control of your time and your business.
You then work to strengthen 6 key components & solve these issues at the root cause:
- VISION Aligning the whole team, on one vision of who you are, why you exist, what you do best & where you are headed in the form of a simple 2-page plan
- PEOPLE Surrounding yourself people who share your core values & are doing the job that best utilises their expertise & passion, so that they help you to achieve your vision
- DATA Being able to make decisions that take the business forward by measuring the right things, at the right time, objectively & reacting quickly to them
- ISSUES Proactively identifying & resolving issues, challenges & opportunities both in the short & long term, ensuring that they disappear forever or are used to their full advantage
- PROCESS Documenting the core processes in each area of the business & ensure that everyone is following them for consistency & scalability
- TRACTION Ensure that everyone in the organisation knows what they are accountable for, how they contribute to achieving the vision & has the discipline to achieve the plan
The traction entrepreneurial operating system is a set of simple and practical tools that give you the framework & the structure to strengthen these 6 key components, enabling business growth & sustainable business success.
What Are The Characteristics Of An EOS Business NZ?
EOS is used in over 130,000 businesses worldwide.
Having worked with over 500 NZ, Australian & overseas based businesses, we know that people come to us because they experience one of the following issues.
- LACK OF CONTROL: Never enough time! Is the business running you?
- PEOPLE ISSUES: Frustrated by lack of accountability and follow-through?
- PROFIT: Not enough of it! Left on the table or slipping through the cracks?
- GROWTH: Hit a ceiling? You’ve tried everything with no tangible results.
When NZ businesses implement EOS as outlined in Traction, they get clear on their Vision, they gain Traction in the organization & they have a Healthy Team. As a consequence they start to create their ideal life, through creating a better business.
The EOS Life is described as:
- Doing what you love
- With people you love
- Making a significant difference
- Being compensated appropriately
- With time to purse other passions
It is all done through implementing a set of simple concepts and practical tools through a proven process.
We have experience with implementing Traction & The Entrepreneurial Operating System in businesses in New Zealand, Australia, US, UK & Philippines & can share these experience with you or you can call one of our clients & find out what EOS has done for their business & their life.